Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Details Details

I know you'll be relieved to know that my travel arrangements are finally confirmed. I must admit I've been getting a taste of my own medicine these last few days.

I field alot of questions about "Where are my documents?" and "Why don't I have my travel documents yet?" I will admit that it gets wearisome at times. Why are they getting so bent out of shape? I know everything is confirmed...why is this customer getting so anxious about having travel documents?

AH HA! Now I know why everyone is so anxious for travel documents...It is stressful not to have those reassuring little papers in your hand that tell you that when you get off the plane in that foreign country, far from your home and family, that you will not be homeless.

Traveling frequently is certainly helpful in my line of work. It can also be a liability. Because I take trips so frequently, it isn't as big a deal if any one trip doesn't go perfectly. I mean, hey, there'll be another one in a few weeks, right?

My customers, however, probably don't take vacations every few weeks. My customers have a bigger stake in each trip, because they are more rare.

"The difference between a mountain and a molehill is your perspective."
- Al Neuharth



Indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home