Sunday, June 24, 2007

Sass and Sage

Kimmy was the first little person I ever loved. Barely an adult myself, she was the firstborn of my older sister. I remember going to the hospital and seeing her for the first time laying underneath the warming lights.

I immediately started sobbing without any warning. I cried and cried and cried as I walked to my sister's hospital room. I looked at my sister through watery eyes and she nodded that she understood my reaction. I just knew, as I looked at Kimmy's scrawny little body that she was someone I would always love.

She is 23 years old now and is married. She attends college and works. Her husband is good to her. She owns a home and is part of a church she enjoys. In short, she's doing well.

I wish she lived closer to me now. She's in Oregon and I am here in Texas. I'm so proud of how she's grown up, where she is in her life and where she's heading.

Oh, Sass and Sage? When she was little I was "Ann Sass" (Aunt Cathi). We used to call her KJ (Kim, Junior - since I have a sister also named Kim). My daughter pronounced this "Say Jay" when she was little..then on this trip it was shortened to "Sage". Thus, "Sass and Sage".

1 Comments:

Blogger Brenda said...

That's a very sweet story and those are amazingly beautiful girls.

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home