Friday, February 29, 2008

San Francisco

My trip so far:

Smooth flight.
Lost luggage.
Public transit from the airport.
Walking around.
Cable car.
In and Out Burger.
Greeting guests.
Dinner.
Early to bed.

My plan was to take the BART train from the airport into downtown. I was delighted, yes delighted, to find that my bag didn't make it on my flight in Dallas. I would have paid to have them deliver it to my hotel, but this way they did it for free. I only had to manage my carry on luggage on the BART train.

The train, by the way, was a great inexpensive way to get to downtown from the airport. Our Union Square hotel is only 2 blocks from the Powell Street BART station.

After getting checked in I went out on an explore. I caught a Cable Car and went down to Fisherman's Wharf where I found an In and Out Burger and had lunch. I know there are people who are fiercely loyal to the hamburger chain, and I do enjoy the food there but I wouldn't go out of my way for it.

I got back to the hotel in time to greet my group leader and make sure arrangements are in place for our cocktail party tonight.

After that I ate an early dinner and went to bed.

Today I'm on a Segway tour of San Francisco...I can hardly wait. I need to get ahold of my friend because I also want to bike across the Golden Gate Bridge and will do it today if she doesn't want to do it tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home