Monday, January 29, 2007

The Importance of Goals


Since launching possibly the best travel website on the Internet earlier this year, my running has really been decreased. I started running after my mother died in 2004 as a way to help process the grief. I've run several half marathons, but I didn't run one in 2006 at all between moving and launching the site.

I've had my eye on the Mayors Marathon in Anchorage in June. I LOVE Anchorage and can think of little better than flying from hot Dallas to cool Anchorage and running in that beautiful city. I've been checking for weeks for award tickets and have come up dry day after day. Finally today a first class award was available on the days I wanted. So, as of right now, I am registered for the half marathon, I have a reservation at my favorite Anchorage B and B and I am the proud owner of a free airline ticket.

Next: develop my training plan.

WOOOHOOO!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home