Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Vegas, Baby!

I am at TMU 2007. This is the 4th or 5th year I've attended. I really struggled with if I should come out here or not. Even last night I was having a serious discussion with Philip about if I should actually get on the plane this morning. April is our highest booking month of the year and it is really asking something of me to miss almost an entire work week to come to a conference. Couldn't they have it on the weekend, but no. TMU is always held Tuesday-Thursday in April.

I have high hopes for the conference, that I will come away with new information, new ideas or a new perspective. Is there anything new to learn? I'm not sure, but I'll be sure to let you know.

I'm at Rio Suites. I will say that the room is quite large. Thumbs pretty much up on the hotel, except for the possible exception of the location (set back a little from the strip - I'll figure out how much of an issue that is on tomorrow morning's run).

Funny story...there is another convention here. International Lingerie Show is here. TMU participants have to walk completely through the very adult signage and merchandise to get to our area. The other convention has ballrooms and ballrooms of trade show space. There are also hoards of scantily clad models milling through the crowds. I must say I've never seen anything like it.

Well, I'm very tired so I'm going to watch House MD and go to sleep.

Viva Las Vegas!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jon Gear said...

Ya gotta love Vegas!

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home