Thursday, March 29, 2007

No Alaska This Year....

Okay, so...while we were in Mexico we played quite a bit of beach volleyball. During the last game in what can only be described as a Herculean (yet failed) attempt to return a volley my right foot landed in an awkward position.

Since then my ankle has been bothering me. I've taken Advil and worn a neoprene ankle brace. I've attempted to continue training although I did skip my long run this past weekend.

Finally today (2.5 weeks later) I decided I should go get an Xray. The official line is that my ankle is sprained. The doctor told me to not run for two weeks. If it isn't better in 8 days we'll be doing an MRI and I'm wearing quite an impressive brace.

The two week break in training is enough to make it impossible for me to come back and run in Alaska in June.

I actually wept when the doctor told me.

Next: Google to find a half marathon in August.

More Soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home