Saturday, August 11, 2007

Just another day in Paradise....

Another day dawns on Jamaica. Another day filled with leisure time together.

Daughter and I ate at the Japanese restaurant last night. Today I've told her that there will be no TV watching during the day. Here at the Iberostar Rose Hall in Jamaica they have a full array of satellite TV stations from Denver, Colorado. So all of her "at home" favorite TV shows are at her disposal.

Before we left I made a decision not to bring copius amounts of reading material like I usually do when I come to the beach. I wanted to be more available for lengthy and deep conversations with Daughter. Turns out, that's an awful lot of pressure.

I did, however, bring my own copy of the book that she is supposed to have read before she returns to school in a couple of weeks. I've already completed it once and she has started to read it the 2nd time. She read it earlier in the summer. I am becoming more aware that she didn't read it very well. Now that I've read it I can tell that there are BIG holes in her recollection of the book.

Last night I read a chapter aloud to her rather than having her read it to herself..that was a big hit. I might spend a good amount of time reading aloud to her today.

I also need to record a podcast with Philip, the GM at this resort. I'm trying to figure out where we could do it that would have good ambient background noise that wouldn't overwhelm the conversation.

Well, I'd better head back to the room and get Daughter and go to breakfast...

More Soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home