Saturday, December 29, 2007

Ready To Go

Sometimes people ask me for tips on how to efficiently prepare for a trip. One suggestion is to always have your toiletries ready to go.

Years ago I bought a Eagle Creek Pack It Wallaby II. I keep it packed at all times ready to walk out the door for a trip. When I first started doing this, I had problems remembering what needed to be restocked after returning home.

So, I created a list of the toiletry items that I like to have with me on trips. This list was developed over the course of many trips and contains the things that I need to be well prepared. Your list will be different from mine. For a while I kept it on an index card and edited it until I was satisfied it was complete. Then, I printed it in small type and went to Kinkos and had it laminated into a luggage tag. I attached it to a zipper pull on the inside of the toiletry case. During a trip if I use the last of an item, I use the wet erase marker I carry in the kit to circle the item on the list so I know what to replenish when I get home.

This greatly simplifies the packing process when I'm not having to think "Did I pack hair conditioner?"

Keep in mind that if you routinely carry on your luggage, you'll need to arrange to have your liquids in the requisite ziploc bag.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home