Monday, August 11, 2008

The Mall

I'm not a big fan of malls, but sometimes they must be endured.

Take yesterday for instance. I went to Nordstrom to refresh my T-shirt supply and replace my very worn out Clarks Clogs. (I'm a simple girl.) I decided to walk out to the food court to get something to eat and on the way I passed a kiosk selling some sort of beauty product having to do with minerals from the dead sea.

The girl was so engaging that I stopped. (I had time to kill since I had to pick up daughter from Math Club at a specific time.) The girl had kits she was selling that included a nail buffer, cuticle oil and hand lotion. The original price she quoted was in the ballpark of $50.00. As time went on she upped it to two kits for $50.00. Finally she said she'd sell me one for $25.00.

I hadn't gone to the mall for nail products, so I still went on my way. Later in the day I decided that I really did like the way that one buffed nail looked. It occured to me that perhaps a suitable (less expensive) alternative could be found at Sally Beauty Supply in our strip center.

So, I stopped in this morning. I purchased two different nail buffers. Both of them did a great job. They were about two dollars each. I also bought an 8 fluid ounce of cuticle oil for $2.50. (The one included in the kit was about a quarter ounce.) Now all my nails look just like the one she buffed with her $50.00 kit. For one tenth of the price.

The guy at Sally Beauty told me that at Christmas there was a kiosk at the mall near us selling flat irons for $150.00 that they came to Sally to purchase at the regular Sally's price of $50.00 each. They would come and buy them all at full price and sell them at triple the price at the mall.

See why I don't like the mall?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home