Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Post In Which She Vents


I am so incredibly frustrated right now I just can't even stand it. I have two websites (count 'em...ONE.....TWO) websites that are THIS close to being ready for prime time. I feel like these projects have been hanging over my head most of my life.

On one of them I hired the development out via Elance.com. Things appeared to go pretty well at the very beginning, but what was supposed to be an 8 week project has now taken 6 months. I finally filed a protest with Elance to say..."Okay, I want my money back, this is ridiculous!" and the provider offered to finish the site within 4 days and only do it for the 50% of the original money (which was the amount I'd already paid him).

I VERY CAREFULLY put IN WRITING (do you see how mad I am...using the all caps and whatnot) my requirements so that there would be NO misunderstanding. It took a week beyond even that renegotiated deadline, and there is SO MUCH WORK I STILL HAVE TO DO ON THE SITE that it makes me tear up every time I think about it.

My frustration tonight is that he DIDN'T TURN ON SEARCH ENGINE FRIENDLY (SEF) URLS! Who doesn't do this? Who creates a site and doesn't make it easy for the search engines to find it? How ridiculous does it have to get?

I really feel like hitting something. I'm so frustrated. (Did I mention that?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home