Saturday, August 08, 2009

Grocery Store Reviews - New Stores in Dallas


I've been seeing several new grocery stores here in the Dallas area over the last few months and hadn't really taken the time to check them out. So, today I did.

My first stop was the internet. I wanted to see what was on special at each store. The weekly ads of each store is easily available.


Market Street was my first store to visit. Market Street has points as being the only store I visited today where you could do everything in a single stop (i.e. you could get your normal grocery shopping done without making a second stop ). My chief complaint with Central Market is that you would always have to make another stop at Kroger to complete the grocery shopping.

Market Street was clean and very good looking. Everything appeared to be very good quality. I hadn't identified anything in the ad that was particularly applicable to my families needs although I'm guessing that this would vary widely depending on the week. My guess is that the pricing is probably higher than your normal Kroger or Albertsons. I say it is a guess because I've never been really good about keeping a price book. It seems that a price book would be a wonderful iPhone app, but I've been unable to find one.

Anyway, I only bought a half pint of blackberries and a couple of Texas grown yellow crookneck squash.



Next stop: Newflower Farmers Market

Serious Food, Silly Prices. Newflower has a really fine assortment of vitamins and natural supplements and foods. Also, as the name might imply, a big produce department. They had grapes on for .59lb so I bought 5 pounds.

Newflower bears a very strong resemblance to my next stop...

Sprouts


I believe Sprouts has been open longer than any of the others I visited today. I had shopped there one other time when I lived in Plano and I wasn't terribly impressed, probably because of the "can't do it all in one stop" issue I mentioned before. Sprouts, however, did win the prize for the best deals I found today. They had $1.77lb boneless chicken breasts and .99/pint blueberries. I left more money at Sprouts than anywhere else.

I guess for me it all boils down to looking at each ad and getting the best deals from each store.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home