Thursday, November 05, 2009

Today, I am Stressed.

Just keeping it real today.

We have a wonderful trip to Mexico on Saturday. I'm looking SO forward to the trip. It is the VERY RARE trip that Philip and I both go on. It is SO MUCH MORE WORK to get ready for both of us to leave than it is for either one of us to go on a trip alone. We have Leah from our office coming to stay with the kids, so I'm trying to make notes about what needs to happen every day while we're gone. I'm also trying to get the house in at least some sort of decent order. Leah, don't judge me. I'm just a working mom struggling to get her kids out the door each morning to school and feed them when they come home at night.

I had a strange night of dreams last night. I had a dream that we took Lacy with us this weekend to Mexico. On the airplane we had one of those reclining seats and Lacy just slept with me on the plane. (Yeah, right..they'll let 70 pounds of puppy gyrating enthusiasm with you on the plane..) When we got to the resort it was a problem because Joe (the owner of the resort and one of the most brilliant people I know) wouldn't let her be outside. So, somehow we had a crate for her and we kept her crated in the room. At one point children were congregating outside our room because they could see her in our room and they wanted to play. That was great except the resort is strictly adults only...where did the kids come from? Then when it came time to come home, I couldn't bring her back to the states without her going into quarantine.

Lacy is being spayed tomorrow and will board at the vet while we're gone so she can recover. I'm stressed about missing her and I'm stressed about her being boarded for 5 days. I'm a little stressed about the surgery, but not really that much..it's pretty straightforward and they do it all the time with mostly good results. I'm also stressed because Lacy just KEEPS SCRATCHING. That dog takes an incredible amount of Benedryl every day and she eats a raw diet lovingly prepared by me and still she just scratches her self silly. I found a black spot on her today in the same area where her hot spot was before. The black spot is a spot of infection on her skin. Looks like we're in for another round of antibiotics and steroids. Is this going to be a constant thing?

Let's see..what else am I stressed about. I'm a little stressed about the trip this weekend because my dear dear friend who is planning it is a little stressed that it is supposed to storm the whole time. Seriously, I could care less. But, she has great activities planned for the group and that will all go to pot if it rains.

Okay..I feel a little better now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home