Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Viva Las Vegas

So far, so good.

I don't know if I mentioned that we're staying at the MGM Grand. I've never stayed here before.

I've stayed at Mandalay Bay, Caesars Palace and the Mirage. I would say that I rank the MGM lower than any of the places I've stayed before. It's still well within the range of great...but there have been a few "hitches in the giddy-up".

On the good side, they offer the check in desk at the baggage claim area of the airport. That is greatness. I was completely done checking in before the baggage ever showed up.

On the other side, there was lipstick on the hand towel hanging in our bathroom. Additionally, there was a used towel hanging on the back of the bathroom door with a hair that didn't belong to either Philip or myself.

Definately an "ewwwwww" factor.

The people are friendly though. I went out to go running this morning and had slipped a couple of bucks in my pocket to purchase a bottle of water. The cost ended up being $2.25. The gentleman at the cash register fronted me the .25. Very nice.

I so enjoy running when I'm on a trip. I ran down the strip from the MGM down to the Mirage and back. Running in a strange town really give me a great feeling for the place. I've run in Boston, New York, London, Las Vegas and other places I can't readily think of at the moment.

Well, I'm in a class right now. I'm going to sign off for now so I can listen!

More Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home