Thursday, August 03, 2006

Common Courtesy

I am a runner.

Part of my route includes a 7-11. On especially hot days (which includes all of them lately) I will take a break midway through and have a Gatorade at the 7-11. Adjacent to the 7-11 is a dry cleaners and a vet clinic. Since there are normally cars lined up outside the convenience store, I sit on the curb between the vet clinic and the dry cleaners.

Yesterday I was sitting on the curb enjoying my Grape Gatorade when the proprietor of the dry cleaners came out with his broom and started sweeping the parking lot and sidewalk. He was sweeping it in such a way that the debris was flying right at me. I looked at him and he looked at me and he continued to sweep filth at me.

"MOVE!" He ordered.

Incredulously, I scooted down a couple of feet. He continued sweeping in my direction until I finished my drink and continued my run.

The ironic thing is that I haven't found a dry cleaners near my new house yet. I was just thinking as I ran through the parking lot "Hmmm, I should try them."

Needless to say I won't be trying them now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home