Thursday, October 19, 2006

I Have Arrived


I am blogging to you from my bed in Vienna. This pictures is of the building where my Pension is located. My window is on the third floor, the third window from the left. If you look closely you can see my window slightly open from the top.

Do you see that T-Mobile store underneath me? I am able to pick up the T Mobile hotspot right here in my room. Pretty cool...I thought I was going to have to find somewhere else to get online, but I'm doing it right here from my room.

It was a long journey, but I am here. Everything was fairly uneventful, which is a good thing when you're taking three planes to get somewhere.

The dayroom in the Zurich airport was fantastic. I got right there, fell right into bed and slept for 4.5 hours.


Here's what I look like after traveling for 24 hours. This is me on the City Airport Train from the Vienna Airport getting to the city center.


When I got here I discovered that my converter would not take a grounded plug. My laptop has a grounded plug. I can't believe I didn't even think to check that! This laptop weighs a ton and I would not accept that I wasn't going to be able to use it after lugging it around the world. So, I scoured Vienna looking for an adapted and I finally found one. You should see the arrangement of adapters and converters hanging off the wall making this connection possible.

In fact, I'll show it to you:


So, all is going well so far. I ate a sandwich in my room for dinner. My Segway tour is tomorrow. I'd better see if I can get a little more sleep.

Until tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home