Monday, November 23, 2009

Where are you going for Thanksgiving?

As for us, we're going to Alabama to my in-laws. This is going to be an interesting weekend. We're taking Lacy with us. It's a 9 hour drive. Lacy is great in the car, but we've never had her on a 9 hour drive before.

My only real concern is when it comes to eating. Normally on these trips we just go through drive through and keep moving. Having 70 pounds of gyrating enthusiasm want a piece of your hamburger is going to make for interesting mealtime.

Then, when we get to Alabama, it is still going to be interesting. At my in-laws house they don't allow animals in the house. At my sister in laws house next door, she has something like 4 dogs and who knows how many cats. Lacy and I will sleep at my sister in laws. She leaves her dogs food down all the time so her dogs can feed on command. Lacy eats a raw diet once a day. If she eats the other dog food she'll almost certainly end up with...let's say..intestinal distress. This is something you don't want at any point..but certainly not when you're at someone else's house, and certainly not when you're about to have to drive 9 hours home.

So, these are my concerns. I'll keep you updated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home