Saturday, February 18, 2006

Flexibility

What makes the difference between someone who consistently has a great time traveling, and someone who makes themselves and everyone around them miserable while on a trip? I think the key is F L E X I B I L I T Y.

I'm reminded of this today because my husband has been attending a meeting in Phoenix for the last two days and will be flying back this evening. Right into a freezing rainstorm here in Dallas.

Please understand, the mere presence of my husband on a flight is enough in and of itself to throw the flight completely off schedule. Something about seeing his name on the passenger manifest causes weather delays, crew delays maintenance delays...you name it, he's probably experienced it...recently. (That is, unless I'm with him...evidently my good vibes are usually enough to overcome his.)

I just looked at his flight time. He should be flying right into the thick of it. I have half a mind to tell him to just extend his stay in Phoenix another two days. Just stay there until we are back to our wonderful mid-seventies weather here in the Metroplex. He hates cold anyway, so I think we'd all be happier.

There is the matter, though, of my 90 minute Hot Stone Massage tomorrow afternoon. Who would keep the children?

I guess he'd better brave that flight.

:-)

More Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home