Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Divided By a Common Language


While I was in London, I took pictures of signs with phrases that would baffle or at least puzzle most Americans.

"Fly Tipping" is the practice of dumping your trash in an area where you are not authorized to do so. (Like in someone elses dumpster....)




Clamping is similar to towing a car away. (i.e. Tow Away Zone)







I think franked mail is like metered mail. The only reason I know this is that the other mailbox said "Stamped Mail".







"Fiddly, but worth it." I think this means something like "It's quite a bother..but worth it."










I have no idea about this one...








This one isn't puzzling...just amusing. Let's see the Mayors office in Dallas put out a campaign like this!

More Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home