Monday, November 20, 2006

Things look different when you're moving slower

You probably already know that I'm a runner. This morning I elected to run, rather than drive, to a regular Monday morning meeting I attend. I've driven there many many times over the last five years with no trouble. The meeting is not far from my home.

I found it quite interesting that I was less sure of my way than usual. Because I was moving more slowly on my feet rather than in a car, everything looked different. I noticed different things because I was moving by them more slowly. The streets were the same, but my perspective was different.

I did find my way just fine, but I so enjoyed noticing things that I normally zip right by. As we embark on this Holiday Season 2006, I hope I can remember to slow down and see things you normally miss.

I hope you can too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home